Friday, October 28, 2016

Fairy Tale Christmas Tree Ornaments



(Small sample of my collection. You can click on the photo above to see it larger.)

This is an edited repost from previous years for the weekend:

Okay, so it's that time of year when we start thinking of pulling holiday decorations from their dark, almost forgotten storage areas. I have noticed that a few people are ordering the fairy tale themed ornaments on CafePress. They are finding them in the CafePress Marketplace for $14.99 each, sometimes able to use a coupon there to purchase.

But for you loyal readers here, I'll let you in on a secret. They are available for $7.99 in the SurLaLune CafePress shop. You can't use a coupon there but this price still beats any coupon promotion in the Marketplace. Many Golden Age illustrations are available in the Ornaments shop I created years ago. And, yes, SurLaLune gets more than double the commission on the sale, too, despite the much lower price. Everyone wins!

SurLaLune isn't getting rich but proceeds from CafePress help pay for the site maintenance and it's upcoming redesign in early 2017! After all, the SurLaLune main site will be 18 years old in December. The site has been part of my life for 41% of my life now. (Do the math and figure out my age!)

As seen in the photos here, I own a lot of these ornaments. I don't decorate with fairy tales much in my house--sometimes I need a separation of church and state--but these ornaments have been favorites for years. That's actually our tree in 2011 when I didn't pull out the other ornaments to fluff the tree more. We now have a bigger tree in a different house so I get to fill it with these ornaments even more.

Now that all the nephews and nieces are older, they really enjoy identifying the stories on the ornaments. Each year I catch one of them studying the ornaments and looking for favorites. This year I am thinking of figuring out everyone's favorites and buying some to save for when each of the kids start their own trees someday. My house is one of the holiday hubs so those ornaments are part of the subtle holiday memories for my beloved brood.




No comments:

Post a Comment