Thursday, April 16, 2015

Preorder Available for Science Fiction Inspired Snow White: Jupiter Ascending



Jupiter Ascending (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD +UltraViolet Combo Pack) is now available for preorder for those who are curious about the film. I like to preorder because I often win on pricing that way when random drops take the price lower.

Gypsy over at Fairy Tale News did such a great job covering this film--for years until its final release!--that I didn't think to add anything about it here. I haven't seen it yet but I am curious. Science fiction is a love of mine and this film fascinates in theory but I am still cautious. But I plan to see it this summer when it is released to DVD. I have little interest in seeing most films in the theatre any more. And DVDs are so much more fun with the opportunities to watch extras and such in the comfort of my own home.

I am also curious about the Snow White elements to the story and how much they survived. Did anyone else see this and enjoy it? I know John my Beloved will be happy to watch it with me.

1 comment:

  1. I saw and actually really enjoyed it. It's very intentionally over-the-top-- I describe it to people as a bunch of vintage SF book covers reincarnated into a movie. But it was fun, and visually just stunning, and even managed to drop some interesting ideas here and there.

    The Snow White aspects are very subtle, although the more I think about it the more I spot. I look forward to your thoughts!

    ~Lylassandra

    ReplyDelete