Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bargain Ebook: Cinderella Ate My Daughter by Peggy Orenstein ($8 Drop)



Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture by Peggy Orenstein has been temporarily dropped to $2.99 from $10.99 for ebook format.

I posted some thoughts and opinions about the book a few times when it was released, see New Book: Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture and More Cinderella Ate My Daughter.

Anyway, for this price, it's a good book to have around as a touchstone in the fairy tale gender discussions, although the book is more slanted towards Disney discussions specifically if I remember correctly. I've continued to see articles related to the book in the three years since it was published, so this has been an important influence in recent discussions in the mainstream world.

Book description:

The rise of the girlie-girl, warns Peggy Orenstein, is no innocent phenomenon. Following her acclaimed books Flux, Schoolgirls, and the provocative New York Times bestseller Waiting for Daisy, Orenstein’s Cinderella Ate My Daughter offers a radical, timely wake-up call for parents, revealing the dark side of a pretty and pink culture confronting girls at every turn as they grow into adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment