Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New Release: In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz



In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz is released tomorrow.

It is the companion book to last year's successful A Tale Dark and Grimm. I bought that one as a Christmas present for my niece and we read it together during her holiday visit. I remember being surprised at the tales it included--the world is a'changing--and having Leighton ask repeatedly if what I was reading out loud were my words or the book's words. They were usually the book's. But I guess the constant tongue in cheek warnings of grimm things to come sounded like me. It was fun discussing the referenced tales with her such as The Robber Bridegroom since it plays a part in that book and is a Bluebeard I know rather much about. Bluebeard and his cronies are so very fascinating--why are those tales being ignored so much by the horror leaning writers?

Needless to say I am fascinated to know which tales are going to appear in this new book.

Book description:

More Grimm tales await in the harrowing, hilarious companion to a beloved new classic

Take caution ahead--
Oversize plant life, eerie amphibious royalty, and fear-inducing creatures abound.

Lest you enter with dread.
Follow Jack and Jill as they enter startling new landscapes that may (or may not) be scary, bloody, terrifying, and altogether true.

Step lively, dear reader . . .
Happily ever after isn't cutting it anymore.

In this companion novel to Adam Gidwitz's widely acclaimed, award-winning debut, A Tale Dark &Grimm, Jack and Jill explore a new set of tales from the Brothers Grimm and others, including Jack and the Beanstalk and The Frog Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment