Monday, June 20, 2011

Hans Christian Andersen Sculptures in Odense



A week or so ago, The Polar Bear's Tale blog shared some pictures of some sculptures in Odense, H.C. Andersen's hometown. She wrote:

This weekend I was in Odense - H.C. Andersen's hometown - and mine ;O) I was at Hotel H.C. Andersen...and saw these beautiful cobber sculpture groups consisting of three large pillars by the artist Jens Galschiøt. The ornamentations are inspired by the fairy tales of H.C. Andersen.
She shared about a dozen pictures, close-ups and studies mostly, so I wanted to share a few here and encourage you to look at all of them on her blog. She shares many beautiful images on her blog and I enjoy visiting it regularly.





And because I have had mermaids on the brain:



Beautiful. Thank you for sharing, Aputsiaq.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my heart sank when I saw the photos!!! Six years ago I attended the IVth International Conference "Hans Christian Andersen-between children's literature and adult literature", where I read a paper. I fall in love with Odense! We visited the wrtiter's birthplace; Andersen Museum, where I was happy to admire the collection of his papercuts; one of the manors he often visited... I made photos at the same place - the Radisson hotel- and I'm going to send some of them to you, Heidi, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm so sorry, but my e-mail wasn't delivered and came back with the explanation: "Host or domain name not found"???

    ReplyDelete