Thursday, December 31, 2009

European Fairy Tales in Japanese

My browsing in the Kinokuniya Bookstore (see yesterday's Otogicco post) also discovered a rounder full of picture books. I couldn't read the titles, but the illustrations were easy enough to interpret.


Once again, these were taken with my iPhone so they are not the best quality photos, but I am am showing them anyway.


There were many more titles, many that were Japanese tales, too, but the number of European tales was surprising.


This photo is the worst, but I can't exclude Cinderella...


Wouldn't it be fun to read what the literal translations of the names and stories are when translated into English?

2 comments:

  1. Hi...do you sell all this books? Because I want to buy them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have the English version of the Cinderella one. Man, that was a long time ago...

    ReplyDelete