Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rapunzel's Revenge


You may have thought Halloween was over, but I had to share this picture of Bekah as Rapunzel, in Shannon and Dean Hale with Nathan Hale style. Bekah is a great artist in her freshman year at college. This was her costume this past weekend and I'm bummed I didn't see it, but I'm grateful for the picture. Her mom, Martha, assured me that the braids were eight feet long. And, yes, they are both family friends. Very impressive! I have some talented and creative friends offline, too...

And here's the book cover for reference although there are even better pictures inside that I don't have to share, so you really should read it if you haven't yet. All of this makes me more excited for Calamity Jack in January with all of its steampunky goodness.

If you missed it, Shannon Hale's fourth Bayern book, Forest Born, came out in September. It all started with Goose Girl and now we have so much more. Forest Born isn't a direct fairy tale retelling, so I didn't post about it previously, but this is a perfect time to mention it.

And if you ever have the chance to hear Shannon Hale in person, she is a great speaker as well as author. Of course, you can also read her excellent blog, too, for a taste of her humor.


Thanks for sharing, Martha!

2 comments:

  1. Love the costume! I've read Rapunzel's Revenge and enjoyed it immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Fantastic. Very cool costume. I bet that she had one heck of a headache after a night of wearing all that hair, though.

    ReplyDelete