Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fairy Tales in Stitches Week: Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum



Continuing with Fairy Tales in Stitches Week, I'm sharing designs by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum for Lavender and Lace. Once again, I have sewn her designs--three of them at this point in time--but I won't picture those here. Instead I'm sharing the ones most closely related to fairy tales, especially the Fairy Godmother pictured above. She's another favorite and contender for my choice of winter project. Her hair color can be changed, but I prefer her with her well-earned grey.



The one above is Lady Claire, but I think of her as the sister in the Six Swans and have ever since first seeing the design years ago. I already own this one and plan to stitch it someday. I'll admit to ignorance as to what story she may represent.



The ones above and below are straight out fairies, of course. The three firefly ones remind me of Disney's fairies in Sleeping Beauty, but these are charming and more satisfying.


And finally, a tribute to an American story, Evangeline, made famous by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.



Under the Butternut Road brand name, Leavitt-Imblum has also designed Once Upon a Time, pictured below. This is another favorite of mine. It's rather generic in story, but I think it represents fairy tales in general very well.



Most of the patterns--and most of the images--I've shown this week are available through 123stitch.com. I am in no way affiliated with them or any of the designers I've discussed. However, I have ordered from 123 Stitch and am a satisfied customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment